Your car doesn’t want flowers, balloons or candy this Valentine’s Day – it just wants a little love in the form of an oil change, tune-up and basic service. A little extra care now can lead to happily ever after with your car for many years to come!
If you want to add more years to the relationship between you and your car, give it some extra TLC this Valentine’s Day! There is no debating the value of preventive maintenance to keep your car running efficiently. By showing your car a little love now, you’ll avoid the heartbreak and unexpected expense of car trouble down the road.
Palo Alto Shell recommends treating your vehicle to a little extra attention this Valentine’s Day and beyond with these easy steps.
- Schedule a tune-up annually to optimize your car’s performance. A well-tuned engine delivers the best balance of power and fuel economy, and produces the lowest level of emissions.
- Change the oil and filter per the owner’s manual. Periodic oil and filter changes keep your engine clean on the inside.
- Check the tire pressure monthly, including the spare. Your car’s tires affect its ride, handling, traction and safety.
- Have the alignment checked annually. Potholes and other road conditions, as well as normal wear, can take their toll on your car’s steering and suspension. A wheel alignment reduces tire wear, improves fuel economy and handling, and increases driving enjoyment and safety.
- Inspect the windshield wipers and lights on the car. Lights and wipers play a major role in safe driving, and they are normal wear items that need periodic replacement.